Its that time of year again, blueberry season! Wondering what to do with all those blueberries you’re buying up at the store? Well I’ve got the answer: blueberry cake. Yummy, Yummy. My boyfriend, Gary, has had this recipe a long time. Its an award winning recipes from a Pillsbury Bake-off from back in the 19080’s. We whipped one up last night and it is absolutely amazing. (see pic, as a quarter of it is gone!) Now, don’t let me confuse you, this is not a “healthy” recipe by any means. But once in a white, you just gotta go for it.
So without further ado, here it is:
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup margarine
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups fresh blueberries
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Beat well the sugar, margarine and egg.
- Stir in the milk and almond extract.
- Sift together and fold into above the flour, salt, baking powder.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Put the above into a 10 inch Spring Pan.
- Mix together the topping ingredients (sugar through cinnamon) and cut butter in until crumbly, spread atop the cake.
- Cook at 375° for 45 minutes. Top will be nice and browned.
Categories: Recipes and Food