Yummy Yummy!! I made this recipe from “The Epicurious Cookbook: More than 250 of Our Best-Loved Four-Fork Recipes” by Tanya Steel and the Editors of Epicurious, and holy cow was it delicious. Whoever thought to put Tomatoes and Watermelon together is genius. It is really easy to make and super amazing. I highly recommend you try it. The recipe is below and also in the Side Dishes section on my website here.
From The Epicurious Cookbook
Yields 6-8 servings
For variety, use both yellow and red watermelon in the salad.
- 8 cups 1 1/4-inch chunks seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes (preferably heirloom) in assorted colors, cored, cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon (or more) fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as dill, oregano, basil, and mint)
- 6 cups fresh arugula leaves or small watercress sprigs
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
Combine melon and tomatoes in large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon fleur de sel and toss to blend; let stand 15 minutes. Drain in a colander, and then place in large bowl. Add 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and herbs to melon mixture. Season to taste with pepper and more salt, if desired.
Toss arugula in medium bowl with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Divide arugula among plates. Top with melon salad; sprinkle with feta cheese and toasted almonds and serve
Categories: Recipes and Food