My New Years resolution this year was to stop eating candy (just like my friend Karyl B :). I’m doing it for two reasons:
1. Because I’m a candy-aholic. and it’s really not good for me.
2. It’s a test of my willpower. I basically just want to see if I really can do it.
So far so good, NO candy! Not even one little bitty Reeses Peanut Butter Cup and we all know how amazing those are. 🙂
I decided this week to add some more things to the “do not eat” list. I’ve added bread, butter, cheese, ice cream, and cookies. The hardest has got to be cheese, I LOVE CHEESE And I do mean love. In case you are wondering why I would do this, it’s not to lose weight, it’s to just make myself eat better things for me when I want a snack like fruit and yogurt and things like that.
Anyway, I started this on Monday and it’s now Thursday and I’m having some chocolate cravings in a major way. So I decided to make a Lite version of the classic Jello chocolate pudding pie. I can eat this as its not a cookie, candy or ice cream. 🙂 Whoo Hoo!
For the nutritional info below, it is for 1/6 of the pie, not the traditional 1/8. Because, lets face it, who could really only eat one tiny 1/8 of this chocolatey yumminess! And when you check out the nutritional info you will be surprised to see that it really is not that bad for you at all.
Only 183 calories, 2g fat, and 11g sugar for a 1/6 piece of the pie.
Here is the recipe and the Nutritional Info:
JELL-O Chocolate Pudding Pie – Lite Version!
- 3 cups 1% Low Fat Milk
- 1 (8oz) container Fat Free COOL WHIP
- 1 (2.1oz) box JELL-O Chocolate Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 (1.54z) box JELL-O Chocolate Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 Keebler Graham Cracker Crust
1. BEAT both boxes of the pudding mix and the 3 cups of milk for 2 minutes. It will be thick.
2. Put half in the pie crust
3. Mix the remaining half of the pudding with half the container of Cool Whip. Put in pie.
4. Top with remaining Cool Whip
Nutrition Info (1/6 piece of pie)
Calories – 183
Carbs – 33g
Fat – 2g
Protein – 6g
Potassium – 0mg
Sugars – 11g
Fiber – 1.7g
Sodium – 607mg
Cholesterol – 5mg
Calcium – 15%
Vitamin C – 0%
Vitamin A – 5%
Iron – 7%
As always you can come back here to my Pies, Cakes, and Tarts page to print out the recipe.
Categories: Recipes and Food