I love cookies. I love chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, etc etc. I am an equal opportunity cookie eater, for sure. So when my Mom made these Starbucks Outrageous Oatmeal Cookies that she found on www.food.com I had to try them. And I was not disappointed as they are delicious. She got the inkling to make them from our trip down to Charleston to visit my sister. We stopped in a Starbucks there and enjoyed a couple of these. Anyway, if you like oatmeal cookies of any sort, you are going to love these. They combine cranberries, and 2 different types of raisins with chewy oatmeal goodness. All you need with these is a nice tall glass of milk!
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dark raisin
1/4 cup golden raisin
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons dark raisins, for topping
4 tablespoons golden raisins, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Blend oats, flour raisins, cranberries, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, cinnamon, and vanilla; beat until combined.
4. Gradually add oat mixture to butter mixture; beat until combined.
5. Combine raisins for topping in separate bowl and set aside.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto two lightly greased baking sheets.
7. Place 1 mounded tsp of raisins on top of dough.
8. Bake about 12-16 minutes, until cookies are golden brown, but still soft. Cool on sheets before serving.
You can also get the full, printable recipe on my website here in the Cookies, Bars, Breads, and Muffins section. Enjoy!!
Categories: Recipes and Food