I LOVE GREEN BEANS! There, I said it. I love them raw, steamed, boiled, fried, grilled, etc. I am an equal opportunity bean eater. This is the best time of year, because there are fresh green beans to be found everywhere!
I am always looking for new recipes, so, when I found this new one from Cooking Light Magazine I had to try it. And let me tell you, they are deeee-licious! It’s called Steamed Green Beans with Lemon-Mint Dressing combining yummy beans with peppy mint and lemon. And the best part? They are super easy and fast to make. 🙂
You must try this:
• 1 pound green beans, trimmed
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves (I like to use more, at least double)
• 1 tablespoon minced shallots
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Steam green beans 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2. Combine mint and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add green beans to bowl, and toss to coat.
Categories: Recipes and Food