I was looking for a way to use a couple of cucumbers I bought on an impulse a couple of days ago. (I couldn’t help myself, they looked so good!) Anyway, I searched online until found a Thai Cucumber Salad recipe, at which point the game was over. I mean, its Thai and its cucumbers, so how could it get any better?! Well, turns out I was right, it can’t. It’s sweet, spicy, and healthy.
I took the original recipe I found on allrecipes.com and doctored it up a little bit. The end result is total yumminess.
Here is the recipe with my additions. The original recipe can be found here, but really its better with the additions. Enjoy!
Thai Cucumber Salad – allrecipes.com (modified)
(Original recipe makes 4 cups)
• 3 large cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Ginger Ail or Grated Fresh Ginger
• Jalapeno peppers slices from jar, to taste, I used a lot. About 1/3 cup when chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/4 cup diced Red Onion
• 1/3 cup julienned Carrots
• 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1. Toss the cucumbers with the salt in a colander, and leave in the sink to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Whisk together the sugar and vinegar in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Let sit.
3. About 15 minutes before serving, add the cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, red onion, carrots, and cilantro; toss to combine.
4. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving.
Categories: Recipes and Food