QUESTION: What could possible be better than a honey-crisp caramel apple coated with Ghirardelli chocolate chips and toffee peanuts?
ANSWER: A peanut butter filling STUFFED honey-crisp caramel apple coated with Ghirardelli chocolate chips and Hershey’s peanut butter chips!!! Duh!! 🙂
Oh by, oh boy this might be the most amazing caramel apple I have ever made. Its got all the yummy caramel apple flavor you know and love with a creamy peanut butter filled core. If you love peanut butter, this is the caramel apple for you. I was craving peanut butter and apples and thought, why not combine them in a caramel apple? So I went looking for recipes and found this one by Mississippi Kitchen. I tweaked it bit because in this house we like choc chips and peanuts on our caramel apples. I also used less sugar and butter for the filling.
My tweaked recipe below makes 3 stuffed caramel apples. I made 6 total caramel apples when I did mine; 3 stuffed ones and 3 regular caramel apples. When you are getting all the stuff out to make them, you might as well make a bunch then share them with your friends and family.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Caramel Apples
(makes 3 apples)
1. Mix together:
• 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, but creamy is good too)
• 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons crushed graham-cracker crumbs
• 1 tablespoon softened butter
2. Core the apples. I don’t have a corer so I just used a sharp knife and carved the core out then used the knife to make it a little wider to stuff more peanut butter filling in.
3. Stuff the 3 apples with the filling.
4. Pierce the stick/skewer through the side of the apple, through the filling, and partially into the opposite side.
5. Melt the caramel. You need about 12 ounces melted caramel for 3 good sized apples, because you don’t want to be scrapping the bottom of the bowl for the last apple. Dip the apple in melted caramel.
6. Immediately roll it around in whatever you desire on the outside. I used mini chocolate chips and chopped up peanut butter chips. Also good is dry roasted peanuts, toffee peanuts, heath bits, and mini white chocolate chips.
7. Immediately put in fridge on wax paper coated and PAM sprayed baking sheet.
This recipe can always be found on my Other Desserts Page.
Categories: Recipes and Food