Candied pecans really give salads a pop. They are super easy to make and sure to please. Delicious on salads, by themselves as a snack, or chopped up over some vanilla ice cream. Yum!
One of my absolute favorite salads is a spinach salad with strawberry, candied pecans (or almonds) and a homemade dressing. For the dressing recipe see my Sides Page for the Strawberry Spinach Salad Dressing recipe. This dressing is good on all different kinds of salad, not just spinach and strawberries.
For the candies pecans, check out the amazingly easy recipe below. Prep time is about 5 minutes, and they cook for an hour on a low temp.
Remember though, eat these yummy treats in moderation. A little goes a long way flavor-wise and nuts are high in calories and fat. So try to restrain yourself to only a tablespoon or two chopped up. 🙂
Keep them in an air tight container and they will last for a couple weeks.
1 cup white sugar
1-2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 pound pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a large Freezer size Ziploc bag
3. Whisk egg white, water, and vanilla together in a large bowl until frothy. Stir the pecans in the egg white mixture to coat evenly.
4. Dump the coated pecans into the Ziploc bag and shake briefly until pecans are evenly coated.
5. Spread coated pecans onto a foil covered and PAM sprayed baking sheet.
6. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until pecans are evenly browned, 1 hour.
This recipe can always be found on my Snacks Page here on this site.
Categories: Recipes and Food