I love chili. And I love chicken. So, I was super excited to make a White Chicken Chili recipe that I found on the internet on my favorite recipe site, allrecipes.com. The recipe sounded great and I only had to tweak it a little bit. It’s called Cha Cha’s White Chicken Chili.
The best part about this chicken chili is it is SPICY!! Whoo Hoo, it’s got some kick baby!
Lots of other recipes claim to be spicy, but this one really truly is. And if you don’t like all the spice, you can simply omit the hot jalapenos and replace with more green chilis. 🙂
So click here to see Cha Cha’s original recipe. Below is my version of it. It makes 17 cups. For nutritional info below, serving size is 1 cup. 🙂
White Chicken Chili
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 small onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
3-4 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 32oz box of 33% less sodium chicken broth
4-5 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I used 3 large Members Mark chicken breasts from SAM’s Club)
5 (15 ounce) cans white beans (separated)
1 (29 ounce) can of corn
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the chicken, remove and place in a large soup pot.
2. In the large saucepan, slowly cook and stir the onion in olive oil until tender. Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Add to the chicken in the soup pot.
3. Mix in the chicken broth, corn and 3 cans of white beans. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a blender process up the remaining 2 cans of beans. Add to soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the mixture from heat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Info (1 cup)
Calories – 193
Carbs – 24.6g
Protein – 19.6g
Potassium – 226mg
Sugars – 2.4g
Fiber – 6.5g
Sodium – 698mg
Cholesterol – 31mg
Calcium – 6.5%
Vitamin C – 3.4%
Vitamin A – 1.5%
Iron – 13.4%
Categories: Recipes and Food
Leave a Reply