I love making protein balls, because there are simply so many variations you can make! Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Banana, etc.
Usually I make some sort of variation of chocolate and peanut butter, because lets face it, who doesn’t like chocolate and peanut butter!
Today I decided to make a new one, Almond Vanilla Cookie Protein Balls. I was trying to make one that tasted like my Mom’s homemade Christmas cookie frosting recipe. I think I succeeded!
The best part is the recipe make 45 little balls of only 28 calories each. And each contains 2.5g protein!
Vanilla Almond Cookie Protein Balls
Makes 45 balls
• 4 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard – Creamy Vanilla Casein Protein Powder)
• 1/2 cup oatmeal flour (simply grind up the oatmeal in your blender)
• 2 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Speculous Cookie Butter (you can use all PB if you don’t have cookie butter)
• 2 tablespoons Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter
• 2-3 teaspoons Almond Extract (to taste)
• 3/4 cup Water
• 3 tablespoons Sliced Almonds chopped up more fine
• 1/4 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
1. Grind up the oatmeal, then pour it in a medium bowl
2. Add protein powder to bowl
3. In a small bowl mix the coconut and almond slices, set aside
4. In a small bowl melt the PB and the Cookie Butter (about 30 sec)
5. Add Almond extract to the PB then pour it in the dry ingredients
6. Add in the 3/4 cup of water
7. Mix all above together
8. Form little balls with the dough
9. Roll the balls in the coconut almond mixture
10. Freeze until hard.
Nutritional Information per ball. (Makes 45 balls)
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Categories: Recipes and Food
Leave a Reply