I love me some baked oatmeal. Like, seriously, LOVE IT! I pretty much eat some variation of baked oatmeal 3-4 days a week.
It’s absolutely delicious, nutritious, and easy to make.
Today’s was a new one I made up, Banana Nut Bread Baked Oatmeal, and this one is going right up there near the top of my favorites list. It is adapted from one of my favorite sties ever The Oatmeal Artist.
The best part is, its adaptable. If you don’t like walnuts, don’t add them. Or you can add chocolate chips or coconut, or anything else you like in your banana bread. 🙂
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 20 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 – 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana
1/3 cup milk of choice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
16g of Walnuts (to taste, you can add more just remember walnuts are very high in calories and fat)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, and cinnamon until combined.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together banana, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Add in Walnuts
6. If you’d like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
7. Pour into the prepared ramekin. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Nutrition Info (with walnuts)
Calories – 383
Carbs – 60g
Protein – 11g
Potassium – 763mg
Sugars – 18g
Fiber – 9g
Sodium – 361mg
Cholesterol – 0mg
Calcium – 18%
Vitamin C – 18%
Vitamin A – 5%
Iron – 18%
Categories: Recipes and Food