Do you eat oatmeal because its so good for you but are tired of eating the same bland kind every day? If so, read on!
This is what I ate this morning:
Now doesn’t that look delicious! And it;s got only 4g of fat with 9g fiber and 10g protein.
And it is very easy to make too. I got the original recipe from The Oatmeal Artist and modified it just slightly. Here is my slightly modified version.
Apple Jam Baked Oatmeal
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 smallish apple, grated (I used a cheese grater and it its super fast)
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/4 cup of yogurt of choice (I used a non-fat cherry with low sugar, but you can use any kind you want)
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1/2 – 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Jam of choice, Raspberry is delicious
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a larger ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix apple, milk and yogurt.
3. Add oats, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir until combined
4. Pour into the prepared ramekin.
5. Spoon out 1/2 tablespoon of jam on top on one side and gently mix it down into the oatmeal in clumps. Then spoon another 1/2 tablespoon of jam on top the other side and gently mix it down into the oatmeal in clumps.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Info (with fat free, low sugar yogurt and light soy milk)
Calories – 327
Carbs – 67g
Protein – 10g
Potassium – 461mg
Sugars – 31g
Fiber – 9g
Sodium – 213mg
Cholesterol – 0mg
Calcium – 34%
Vitamin C – 1%
Vitamin A – 10%
Iron – 17%
Categories: Recipes and Food