Asparagus is one of those vegetables people seem to either love or hate. Me? I love them. Hopefully you love them too! If you do, read on. If asparagus is just not for you, check out my also yummy steamed green beans recipe instead!
Cooked asparagus is super high in Vitamins A, C, K and B1, Folate and Copper. It is also packed with Fiber and Antioxidants.
This Roasted Asparagus recipe below is good for two main reasons:
1. It is VERY easy and fast to make.
2. It is easily adapted and modifiable to fit your specific tastes.
The recipe calls for olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and black pepper. But maybe you don’t like garlic. Omit it! Maybe you want your asparagus to be a be spicy, add some hot pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. Also, flavored balsamic vinegars would be a great experiment with this recipe as well.
Also, the amounts of the ingredients are more just suggestions. Drizzle as much or as little olive oil, balsamic, and garlic and pepper as YOU like. 🙂
• 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed off
• 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 – 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• Ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Place all asparagus in a 9×13-inch baking dish, half the end on one side and half on the other. They will be layered a bit.
3. Drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar on them, then stir them around a bit with a spatula.
4. Drop the garlic in little clumps all over the top of them
5. Grind lots of black pepper on top of that.
6. Bake in oven for 9 minutes, pull them out and mix them around, then bake for another 5-9 minutes until they are done to your liking. (They are best a bit on the firm side, you don’t want them all soft and squishy.)
As always this recipe can always be found on my Side Dishes page! 🙂
Categories: Recipes and Food