By now everyone knows I’m crazy about The Oatmeal Artist website. I’ve posted before about how great (and healthy!) these recipes are. And how they turn plain old boring oatmeal into yummy amazingness.
I am constantly trying different recipes from the site straight-up, and I also like to vary things up and mix and match them to make a new combos that suit my tastes too.
The other day I made the Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal and it was SO GOOD! I mean it’s peanut butter and banana, how could that NOT be good right?!
Today to switch things up, I made the same Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal but added a tablespoon on Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder to it to make it Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal. Such a simple step, but wow did it really give it a yummy chocolatey flavor!
Peanut Butter (Chocolate) and Banana Baked Oatmeal by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 20 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 ripe banana
1/3 cup milk of choice
1 tbsp peanut butter (2 for extra indulgence!)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder (only if you are making the chocolate version)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, (cocoa powder), and salt until combined.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together banana, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. If you’d like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
6. Pour into the prepared ramekin. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Nutrition Info (made with 1T Peanut Butter, no cocoa powder)
Calories – 401
Carbs – 68g
Protein – 12g
Potassium – 797mg
Sugars – 22g
Fiber – 10g
Sodium – 117mg
Cholesterol – 0mg
Calcium – 17%
Vitamin C – 22%
Vitamin A – 5%
Iron – 19%
(Cocoa powder adds 10 calories, 2 fiber, 80 potassium, .5 fat, 3 carbs, 1 protein, 2% iron)
Categories: Recipes and Food