I can’t take credit for this one folks, but I had to share it! Do you like broccoli? Do you like olives? Yes? Well, then read on because you are going to LOVE this recipe. Its so good that we have made it in my house 3 times in past 2 weeks.
You will never see people devour so much broccoli in one sitting.
And its so simple, I was like duh, why didn’t I think of that! The recipe is from (of all places) Better Homes and Gardens December 2013 magazine. There is only 6 ingredients and it so simple to make it can be thrown together in 6 minutes. I timed it!
All you do is put 1/4 cup of olive oil in a very large mixing bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, 6 cloves of minced garlic, a squirt of lemon juice, and a cup of mixed pitted olives. You can use whatever kind you like best, klamata, queen, black, garlic stuffed, whatever! I used a mixed selection I picked up in the olive bar at my local grocery store. Then add the cut up broccoli and mix it all around so all the broccoli is coated in the olive oil mix.
Bake it in a foil lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes at 425. Thats it! I don’t even bother pulling it out halfway and mixing it around, there really is no need.
Heres what they look like all roasted up! (Minus some broccoli we already snatched off the pan of course!)
Oven Roasted Broccoli and Olives
• 1 package of broccoli – cut into large pieces that still contain some of the stalk.
• ½ to 1 cup of mixed pitted olives – you can use Kalamata, queen, black, stuffed olives, whatever you want!
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 6 cloves minced garlic – I use the kind already minced in a jar.
• A squeeze of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 and cover a large baking sheet with tinfoil.
2. In a very large mixing bowl, add olive oil, salt, garlic, lemon juice, and mixed pitted olives. You can use whatever kind you like best, klamata, queen, black, garlic stuffed, whatever! I used a mixed selection I picked up in the olive bar at my local grocery store.
3. Then add the broccoli and mix it all around so all the broccoli is coated in the olive oil mix.
4. Spread on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for around 20 minutes.
You can always come back and find this recipe on my Side Dishes page!
Categories: Recipes and Food